Newsfeeds and blog entries are great features for a website. Updates provide dynamic content and provide visitors with valuable content on products and services. Web content can also help to build an SME’s brand identity. A poorly maintained blog can make a website look outdated and even neglected. A business may also lose opportunities to inform and engage potential clients. First-time visitors to the site may even come to doubt the company’s credibility.
Updates are neglected for many valid reasons. Time and competing priorities are two. In addition, blog updates are often relegated to employees who already have a full programme, or junior members of staff. Web content updates are as a result viewed as a chore. Untrained staff members are also not able to give adequate attention to SEO, content structure, scheduling and branding.
An experienced web content writer can provide SME websites with regular website updates, as well as SEO content that meets the company’s branding objectives. Outsourcing web content will also free up staff to concentrate on their primary work.
5 reasons to outsource website updates
- Copywriting is not their core business.
- Employees don’t have the time, training or experience to write regular blog posts.
- The business may be missing opportunities to build its customer base.
- An experienced copywriter will have the time to write content-rich web content.
- Regular website updates will help to drive organic traffic.